Hi there! I'm Carson Myren, a sophomore petroleum engineering major at UAF. I was born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska, and moved to Fairbanks last year for college. I started out in the dorms, but my girlfriend and I decided to move off campus this year due to the cramped nature of the dorms, and it's about comparable in price. I have quite a few hobbies, but to name a few, I like working on cars, shooting, hunting, and being outside. Since coming up here for college, most of these have had to go on hold to complete my degree, but once I get that piece of paper, I'll have to get back into my hobbies.

    My relationship with music is pretty normal. I used to play an instrument in elementary and middle school but dropped it after that. Since then I have almost completely forgotten how to play the trumpet and moved on to just listening to music, not playing it. I listen to many different genres of music and don't have one particular favorite. Some of my favorites are country, metal, trap, and rock. I'm also not much of a concert person, the vibes at concerts aren't necessarily what I prefer when I listen to music. Live music at a restaurant is different though, it adds to the atmosphere and I thoroughly enjoy it.


Here is a song that I have been listening to recently: For The Streets by RVSHVD

Comments

  1. I totally agree - live music at a restaurant is pretty classy. For years I played with a flute quartet for Sunday brunch at the Pump House. They finally decided they could continue to bear the cost.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Bless the Broken Road" Musical Analysis

"Castle of Glass" Musical Analysis